Re: blu-ray recommendations?

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> This is, btw, the counter-argument posed here by conservatives wrt.
> reducing the carbon footprint: "But China". They don't know what they are
> talking about.

well given the capacity of a blue ray I still would need plenty of them to
copy the relevant data, (not in tar.xx format) so that I reduce risk of
corruption (see prev. post) and this carbon footprint is really stupid
argument I would not like to start with. Don't know who are "they" but I
definitely agree with you.

So I conclude the only advantage is the argument with blocks lost vs. whole
device crippled.
Hence the question who does produce valuable disks nowdays. I noticed 2001
CDs Platinum were better than 2004.

regards