I'd like help reporting an anomaly/bug with wifi and NetworkManager under Buster

Hello all,

I've discovered a small bug in linux (wifi?) networking, but I haven't been able to report it because I don't seem to know the correct package to report the bug against.

I bought an older, "obsolete" usb wifi adapter (D-Link DWA-130, Rev. F) after reading of the difficulties using up-to-date wifi adapters and after confirming more or less that this one ought to work with firmware and driver available in the firmware-ralink package.

I installed the usb wifi adapter and firmware-misc-nonfree on a desktop computer running Buster. The computer could then see several nearby wifi routers, including my own, but it COULD NOT connect to any of them, even with the access passwords.

The computer uses NetworkManager to manage the wifi connenction.

==Troubleshooting:==
I installed the same D-Link adapter on another computer (same make and model) running Jessie, along with the firmware-ralink package (as it was called under Jessie) and it all works fine together, again using NetworkManager to manage the wifi connection. The D-Link DWA-130 usb wifi adapter is able to see the nearby wifi routers and to connect to the internet with the appropriate router password.

I found a workaround (detailed below) to allow this usb wifi adapter to work under Buster. Wishing to be a good FOSS citizen, I filed a bug report against the firmware-misc-nonfree (firmware-ralink) package (that was my best guess for the location of the problem).

The contents of the bug report and a follow-up message with more detail are here:

========== BUG REPORT FILED: =========== (contains details of the workaround mentioned above)