Re: blu-ray recommendations?

On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 04:37:41AM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> > They are different in shape, price, ruggedness and safety against
> > inadverted overwriting.
>
> Probably also in terms of ecological footprint, BTW.

Most probably, yes. But I wouldn't know where to begin to compare the
ecological footprint of a (small) semiconductor chip (or two?) plus
bonding, packaging and connector with that of one big polycarbonate
disk (plus some magic dyes) plus the amortized cost for a drive.

My hunch is that those chips are fairly expensive, ecologically, but
where's the tipping point?

Cheers
-- tomás