Re: Micro-report: using Stable without systemd

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 12:18:43PM -0400, Default User wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018, 12:12 Jonathan Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:18:10AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >The packagers, who probably have a better overall view of just what this
> > >thing called systemd is, should be speaking up to confirm or dispel this
> > >rumor
> >
> > Why waste time giving credence to nonsense? Those who are prepared to
> > believe that systemd is some NSA trojan via a complicit Red Hat are
> > perfectly able to widen their paranoia to include any systemd packager
> > or advocate in Debian.

[...]

> Stockholm Syndrome detected!

See? and this is why we can't have nice things. Look: I've got (in my
view) good reasons to dislike systemd, enough of them to rather use
sysv (which has its sizeable collection of warts itself!), but I don't
need to resort to crazy conspiracy theories. Much less to hate anyone
developing free software.

Cheers
-- tomás