Re: Micro-report: using Stable without systemd

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 10:01:46AM +0100, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

[...]

> If sysvinit was removed from Debian, than this would increase the amount
> of work for Devuan quite significantly, because lots of individual
> Debian packages that currently implement sysvinit support would slowly
> start not to, and Devuan would have to patch support back in, over time.

This is the most important point: at the end, it's the individual
packagers who are doing the hard work. Personally I'm pretty unhappy
about the Debian/Devuan split, which stems from a lot of distrust.
I'm convinced that in the long term, this distrust is counter-productive
for "both sides".

Cheers
-- tomás