Re: What are the differences between systemd and non-systemd Linux distros?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 05:59:36 +0000
Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <turritopsis.dohrnii@teo-en-ming.com>
wrote:

> Good afternoon from Singapore,
>
> What are the differences between systemd and non-systemd Linux
> distros?

Between disros themselves? Little except the init system. As an
example, when I first installed Stretch, it defaulted to systemd, but
with just a couple of commands in a terminal, I converted it to
sysvinit. Took less than a minute and a reboot. And it's been running
for months now without any problems.

> Is systemd implemented in all the latest Linux distros?

By default?  No.  But with most that default to an init other than
systemd, you can convert it to systemd.

> Please advise. Thank you.

As far as the pros and cons of the two init systems, maybe, this will
help.  Although, both are Debian specific, they generally apply to
all Linux distros.

   https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/systemd
   https://wiki.debian.org/Debate/initsystem/sysvinit