Re: Can't find the DNS Servers

On 2017-09-30, Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> wrote:

> Well the philosophy and stories are nice but my access to the internet
> is still among the missing. I have a Debian Stretch system installed and
> am using NetworkManager. This worked until I installed qemu virtual
> machine over the host OS. Since then the host system does not seem able
> to find a DNS server. The really strange thing is that I installed
> Kubuntu as the guest OS and that works fine. I suspect that qemu has
> glommed onto the eth0 device and won't let the host in. I have gone
> over and over the NetworkManager documentation and have found no way
> to fix this. The situation is getting critical. I need to load some
> software into the host system and can't, I also can't upgrade the
> system and can't.

You're in good hands with Reco and Hambourg, however I read that libvirt
creates iptable rules, uses dnsmasq, but actually I don't understand any
of this--had I understood something I probably would have said to turn
that stuff off to troubleshoot, if you haven't already.

--
"A simpering Bambi narcissist and a thieving, fanatical Albanian dwarf."
Christopher Hitchens, commenting shortly after the nearly concurrent deaths