Re: [solved] no sound on Lenovo Ideapad 110

Glad to hear my initial train of thought was the right one and problem is now solved.
As for the "Tab" key, it is essentially an auto-complete function when you use it in your console. It just much more convenient to see what options and parameters are available to use with pactl, or other console programs that support it.