Re: [solved] no sound on Lenovo Ideapad 110

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a reply with requested information from Pierre.
Kinda hate it, when people asking for help and assumes everyone here has
telepathic abilities. :(

  Hi Alexander,
  sorry for the delay, but I was looking, before sending it to you,
  at the pactl output, and "pactl list cards | grep profile" gave me:

   Part of profile(s): output:hdmi-stereo
   Part of profile(s): input:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
   Part of profile(s): input:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
   Part of profile(s): output:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
   Part of profile(s): output:analog-stereo, output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo

  Then, the command
  --> pactl set-card-profile 1 output:analog-stereo+input:analog-stereo
  which is not far from the one you gave in a previous post,
  solved the problem, and the sound now comes from the speaker.

  Thanks for your help.

  PS: nevertheless, can you explain what did you mean, in this previous post, by:
    > This will set active profile for pulse audio on my system (You can use
    > "Tab" key to get help for the next list of parameters):
  i.e. where are you using the Tab key?

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel