Re: no sound on Lenovo Ideapad 110

On Thu, 28 Sep 2017, Curt wrote:

On 2017-09-28, Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> wrote:

    So, the problem is not with the plug, as generally it must unplugged
    to get the sound through the speaker.

I suppose it is possible that the sensing circuitry or switch (?) in the
headphone jack is faulty or failing so that when you pull the headphone plug
out of the jack socket the audio signal isn't being switched to the speakers,
the plug's absence failing to be detected (or its presence continuing to
be).

   I said, in a previous post, that on Windows, the sound works for the
   speaker and the headphone...

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel