Re: no sound on Lenovo Ideapad 110

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017, Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

Yes. It looks like sound card was detected and initialized, but Pulse
Audio was unable to set it as "default" automatically.
Have you tried to list and use available cards from alsa perspective
(your device names may be different)?

  I'm not sure that this is the problem, as the sound works correctly
  with the headphone, even with  speaker-test !
  I already tried with the different devices given by "aplay -L",
  and of course checked the output levels with alsamixer.
  for example: "speaker-test -Dsysdefault:Generic -c 2 -t sine"
  but never got any sound through the speaker.
  I remind you that the hardware is not involved, as the sound works
  with Windows 10.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel