Re: no non-free firmware on lapton, no Ethernet, related?

Dejan Jocic wrote:

> Also, you mentioned that you need your
> ethernet to work, these b43 packages are for
> Broadcom wireless cards.

Yes, that is what I meant in my OP, the lacking
firmware for wireless should not influence
Ethernet not working, right?

Anyway, to manually install it seems
unnecessary complicated, so I think I'll try
the ISO with the non-free firmware included.

> Whatever that you choose to do, do not forget
> to check your /etc/apt/sources.list file and
> add contrib and non-free after main wherever
> it is needed, something like this:
>
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ jessie main
> contrib non-free

Yes, with Internet working it'll be no problems
setting up the system.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573