Re: no non-free firmware on lapton, no Ethernet, related?

Dejan Jocic wrote:

> Well, you should have write down what was
> missing during installation, those messages
> you get for reason. Also, when you have
> firmware and you get note that it is missing,
> it is best to abort installation and download
> needed firmware and put in USB you can insert
> during installation.

Well, I can redo the installation!

Actually I just tried that, and what is missing
is b43/ucode13.fw .

I downloaded this archive [1] and copied the
files (the archive as well as all the files,
unpacked) onto a USB stick.

However inserting it didn't help because after
a short while of "looking" (?) the same error
message came up again.

[1] http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/jessie/current/firmware.zip

--
underground experts united