Re: Problems with apt in a clean stretch install.

On 07/04/2017 03:23 AM, Phil Wyett wrote:
On Tue, 2017-07-04 at 12:02 +0200, Dejan Jocic wrote:
On 04-07-17, Wayne Hartell wrote:
Wayne Hartell composed on 2017-07-04 15:46 (UTC+0930):

...I managed to solve<?> this error after checking that the
permissions on /etc/apt/trusted.gpg were 0600 and edited them
be 0644. (Is this the correct default permission for the file
trusted.gpg?)...

I have to guess 644 is correct, as that is what is set on the
Stretch I have booted currently (as are all regular files in
/etc/apt/), and I've never touched it myself.

Do you get the same errors running 'apt update' instead of 'apt-
get
update'?

Yes, it seems that I get the same errors that way too.

I tried a new clean install test and seem to end up with
permissions
under /etc/apt/ always as 0600, so I am not sure what is going on.
Looks like an issue with a clean install, but I am wondering why
it's
not coming up more often (unless most people are upgrading from
Jessie).

Out of the head, but you did check install media with MD5 or SHA
sums?
Also, many people did do clean install of Jessie. Though, it is
annoying
bug for sure. But it is probably not so widespread. Perhaps you
could
give it a shot on a clean install with root enabled from start, you
can
always allow sudo for your user after that?

Hi all,

This issue seems to be created by 'synaptic'.

If you you 'apt' in the terminal, you will be fine.

If you use 'software-properties-gtk' to adjust repositories, you will
be fine.

The issue is created if you run 'synaptic' and then adjust
repositories via 'Settings -> Repositories. A soon as you do this a
file '/etc/apt/trusted.gpg' is created and it is this that is throwing
everything off.

Output:

philwyett@ks-skywalker:~$ synaptic-pkexec
ERROR:root:Cannot import UbuntuDrivers: No module named
'UbuntuDrivers'
gpg: keybox '/etc/apt/trusted.gpg' created
ERROR:root:Cannot import UbuntuDrivers: No module named
'UbuntuDrivers'
gpg: keybox '/etc/apt/trusted.gpg' created

It is the last line that is the issue. If you run 'software-
properties-gtk' and adjust repositories, the file is not created.

Quick remedy:

sudo rm -f /etc/apt/trusted.gpg

Now run 'synaptic' or 'apt' as usual. If you run 'synaptic', do not
use the menu option 'Settings -> Repositories.

This could probably do with a bug raising.

Regards

Phil

The OP did not say, but I believe the problem is coming from a 9.1-live-dvd install, I had to same problem using it. The problem does not occur using the net-install. I have not tested any other installers but the rc3-live did not seem to have the problem, cause I used it and installed software with no problem.

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Stretch - KDE Plasma 5.8.6 at sda13
Registered Linux User #380263