Re: Problems with apt in a clean stretch install.

On 04-07-17, Wayne Hartell wrote:
> > Wayne Hartell composed on 2017-07-04 15:46 (UTC+0930):
> >
> > > ...I managed to solve<?> this error after checking that the
> > > permissions on /etc/apt/trusted.gpg were 0600 and edited them to
> > > be 0644. (Is this the correct default permission for the file
> > > trusted.gpg?)...
> >
> > I have to guess 644 is correct, as that is what is set on the
> > Stretch I have booted currently (as are all regular files in
> > /etc/apt/), and I've never touched it myself.
> >
> > Do you get the same errors running 'apt update' instead of 'apt-get
> > update'?
>
> Yes, it seems that I get the same errors that way too.
>
> I tried a new clean install test and seem to end up with permissions
> under /etc/apt/ always as 0600, so I am not sure what is going on.
> Looks like an issue with a clean install, but I am wondering why it's
> not coming up more often (unless most people are upgrading from
> Jessie).

Out of the head, but you did check install media with MD5 or SHA sums?
Also, many people did do clean install of Jessie. Though, it is annoying
bug for sure. But it is probably not so widespread. Perhaps you could
give it a shot on a clean install with root enabled from start, you can
always allow sudo for your user after that?