RE: Problems with apt in a clean stretch install.

> Wayne Hartell composed on 2017-07-04 15:46 (UTC+0930):
>
> > ...I managed to solve<?> this error after checking that the
> > permissions on /etc/apt/trusted.gpg were 0600 and edited them to be
> > 0644. (Is this the correct default permission for the file trusted.gpg?)...
>
> I have to guess 644 is correct, as that is what is set on the Stretch I have booted currently (as are all regular files in /etc/apt/), and I've never touched it myself.
>
> Do you get the same errors running 'apt update' instead of 'apt-get update'?

Yes, it seems that I get the same errors that way too.

I tried a new clean install test and seem to end up with permissions under /etc/apt/ always as 0600, so I am not sure what is going on. Looks like an issue with a clean install, but I am wondering why it's not coming up more often (unless most people are upgrading from Jessie).