Re: Problems with apt in a clean stretch install.

On Tue, 2017-07-04 at 12:02 +0200, Dejan Jocic wrote:
> On 04-07-17, Wayne Hartell wrote:
> > > Wayne Hartell composed on 2017-07-04 15:46 (UTC+0930):

> > > I have to guess 644 is correct, as that is what is set on the
> > > Stretch I have booted currently (as are all regular files in
> > > /etc/apt/), and I've never touched it myself.
> > >
> > > Do you get the same errors running 'apt update' instead of 'apt-
> > > get
> > > update'?
> >
> > Yes, it seems that I get the same errors that way too.
> >
> > I tried a new clean install test and seem to end up with
> > permissions
> > under /etc/apt/ always as 0600, so I am not sure what is going on.
> > Looks like an issue with a clean install, but I am wondering why
> > it's
> > not coming up more often (unless most people are upgrading from
> > Jessie).
> >

> Out of the head, but you did check install media with MD5 or SHA
> sums?
> Also, many people did do clean install of Jessie. Though, it is
> annoying
> bug for sure. But it is probably not so widespread. Perhaps you
> could
> give it a shot on a clean install with root enabled from start, you
> can
> always allow sudo for your user after that?

Hi all,

This issue seems to be created by 'synaptic'.

If you you 'apt' in the terminal, you will be fine.

If you use 'software-properties-gtk' to adjust repositories, you will
be fine.

The issue is created if you run 'synaptic' and then adjust
repositories via 'Settings -> Repositories. A soon as you do this a
file '/etc/apt/trusted.gpg' is created and it is this that is throwing
everything off.

Output:

philwyett@ks-skywalker:~$ synaptic-pkexec
ERROR:root:Cannot import UbuntuDrivers: No module named
'UbuntuDrivers'
gpg: keybox '/etc/apt/trusted.gpg' created
ERROR:root:Cannot import UbuntuDrivers: No module named
'UbuntuDrivers'
gpg: keybox '/etc/apt/trusted.gpg' created

It is the last line that is the issue. If you run 'software-
properties-gtk' and adjust repositories, the file is not created.

Quick remedy:

sudo rm -f /etc/apt/trusted.gpg

Now run 'synaptic' or 'apt' as usual. If you run 'synaptic', do not
use the menu option 'Settings -> Repositories.

This could probably do with a bug raising.

Regards

Phil

--
Playing the game for the games sake.