How stable is the frozen stretch?

I am thinking about trying out Stretch (Debian 9) in either a spare laptop or a virtual machine. If I like it I might just point my sources list to that repo on both laptops if it's stable enough.

My question is, once it's "frozen", how stable is it or is it still pretty much not suitable for production yet? I also use a couple programs from outside ppas (*gulp!* :-O) and am taking into consideration conflicts with those as well. They do work great with the current stable.