Re: How stable is the frozen stretch?

On 05/07/2017 04:33 PM, cbannister@kinect.co.nz wrote:
By the way, the words "unstable" "stable" as used in the distribution names
don't mean likely to crash, --- it refers to the amount of changes
occurring, i.e. 'stable' has no new packages entering it, and supposedly only
security updates, whereas "unstable" is unstable because there are many
changes occuring on a constant basis.

Thank you for this info. I admit I always thought "unstable" meant it might still have bugs or still be in beta. I don't mind when things change frequently because sometimes this is how one can get new features in a newer version of a program.