Re: attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0'

Le 06/05/2017 à 20:06, Joe a écrit :

Thanks, I'll have a go at that later. I'm currently bogged down in a
completely unrelated grub issue on a different (wheezy) machine: I have
an ext4 filesystem which passes fsck fine, to which I can write, but
which grub2 cannot see.

The same grub rescue> prompt, ls can see the partitions, but grub2
cannot read the root one, says 'unknown filesystem'. An attempt to
reload after a chroot assures me that grub-probe cannot read it,
either. The grub-probe installed in the current Knoppix sees it as
'ext2', which may be as much as I can hope for, but wheezy's
grub-probe cannot see it at all, presumably ext4 is too recent for it.

Ext4 was already the default filesystem type in Wheezy, and I have happily used Wheezy and GRUB (1.99) on ext4 without any issue.

GRUB just report any ext2/3/4 filesystem as ext2.