Re: systemd requires "plymouth" on server? (was: Systemd: no error but "maintenance mode")

Le 01/10/2017 à 21:49, David Wright a écrit :

>> I read that trying to use sysvinit causes trouble and several things
>> depend on systemd at the moment.
>
> You can read almost any opinion you like on the web about sysvinit and
> systemd. Many of them are wrong.
>
>>> The shell scripts used by sysvinit are not simpler. More familiar maybe,
>         ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
>>> but not simpler.
>>
>> Simplicity can very roughly approximated by source code size.
>> Do you think the systemd implementation of the fsck wrapper
>> is simpler that "fsck -A"?
>
> Not a fair comparison.
>
> Sysvinit and systemd are just two init systems amongst many,
> and they take very different approaches. You can use either
> in Debian so please stop complaining.
>
>> I hope GNU/Linux forks off as soon as systemd integrates an own
>> kernel (systemk) and its reimplementation of Wayland (systemx)
>> in one binary image blob, which for technical reasons will
>> temporarily be called \EFI\BOOT\BOOTx64.EFI, but only until
>> UEFI BIOS functionalities are fully integrated. Then you can POST
>> and fsck in parallel, write units that depend on POST (so X won't
>> start before POST passed! Imagine that!!) to form a clean, simple
>> and modern-to-the-max system.
>>
>> SCNR :-)
>
> Cheap. People here are trying to help, and you troll.
>
> Cheers,
> David.

systemd is NOT an init system. It is a global system pretending to
replace init, session management,dns, ntp, and more and more other
components with incomplete solutions thought only for the laptops of its
developers (see the "we won't support hard disks, we all use SDDs").