Re: systemd requires "plymouth" on server? (was: Systemd: no error but "maintenance mode")

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 1:01 AM, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> wrote:
>>> I'd rather keep it as simple as possible
>>
>> you can still use sysvinit as init

I read that trying to use sysvinit causes trouble and several things
depend on systemd at the moment.

> The shell scripts used by sysvinit are not simpler. More familiar maybe,
> but not simpler.

Simplicity can very roughly approximated by source code size.
Do you think the systemd implementation of the fsck wrapper
is simpler that "fsck -A"?

I hope GNU/Linux forks off as soon as systemd integrates an own
kernel (systemk) and its reimplementation of Wayland (systemx)
in one binary image blob, which for technical reasons will
temporarily be called \EFI\BOOT\BOOTx64.EFI, but only until
UEFI BIOS functionalities are fully integrated. Then you can POST
and fsck in parallel, write units that depend on POST (so X won't
start before POST passed! Imagine that!!) to form a clean, simple
and modern-to-the-max system.

SCNR :-)

Steffen