Re: systemd requires "plymouth" on server? (was: Systemd: no error but "maintenance mode")

Erwan David wrote:

> systemd is NOT an init system. It is a global system pretending to
> replace init, session management,dns, ntp, and more and more other
> components with incomplete solutions thought only for the laptops of its
> developers (see the "we won't support hard disks, we all use SDDs").

It will not pretend if you not use it. I avoided using it for couple of
years already. I am not using it on servers, but for the notebook it might
be better than sysv. It's just complicated in the beginning ... and I am a
beginner. But hey, I just managed to solve my first systemd issue today ...

regards