Re: Systemd: no error but "maintenance mode"

On Tue, 10 Jan 2017 14:29:17 -0600
David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> I can see that a post-mortem of what went wrong is useful, but I can't
> understand why you say that systemd made the "wrong" assumption.
> If you specify something wrongly, you can't really expect it to do
> what you want it to do, or what sysv chanced to do, just to match your
> own assumptions.

I think the point here is that systemd introduced new behaviour which
caused a previously-working system to fail to boot in a way which
could not have happened in all the years before systemd was introduced.

This is exactly the kind of thing which gives server admins nightmares:
we can never be sure that we've spotted every possible gotcha that may
be lying in wait for us.

--
Joe