Re: Does anyone know how to configure a Brother MFC-J5720DW with cups?

On Sat, 12 Mar 2016 22:34:41 -0600
David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> The HP5M is solely a printer which is fine as far as it goes, but now
> I need to buy a scanner, and quite possibly a fax machine, as well.
> AFAICT I'd have to use it through a parallel (or serial?) interface.
> This laptop has neither. You can network it with 10Base-T for a price,
> but no USB connection.

JFTR, it should be noted that USB - RS232 converters (which, AFAIK, all
use the same couple of chipsets which are well supported by linux) are
cheap and readily available, e.g.:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RS232-RS-232-Serial-to-USB-2-0-PL2303-Cable-Adapter-Converter-for-Linux-System-/271217594818

Celejar