Re: Does anyone know how to configure a Brother MFC-J5720DW with cups?

Den 09. mars 2016 14:27, skrev Brian:
In another mail Jarle Aase said: > I think this printer supports both pcl and postscript. Faint alarm bells sounded in my head - inkjet, inkjet, inkjet. I ignored the warning; after all he was surely in possession of a manual and would know the printer capabilities. The CUPS filter chain produces a file to be sent to the printer which is identified as "data", not PostScript or PCL. Installing the two Brother .deb files (a five minute job) seems to be the only way for printing to take place.

My plan is to install the Brother drivers in a virtual machine. When that works, I can use wireshark to see what's actually being sent to the printer, and decide if I want to do something to make it work on the "real" machine.

Jarle