Re: Does anyone know how to configure a Brother MFC-J5720DW with cups?

Le 11/03/2016 21:28, David Wright a écrit :

You must live in a different price bracket from me.

nope. I had at least two HP5M for free ten years ago... they died recently. There are ps compatible printer for cheap for years now.

for pdf, I only have seen this on news papers, but the subject computer being airprint compatible must have some inside device, and it's not cheap.

I spoke of gutenprint because I have a Canon photo thermal printer that prints jpeg from cards, but not from computer (!), so need a driver. It was not at this time available on linux, but gutenprint mailing list user asked me to make some tests and could with this give me a solution.

the people there knows incredibly well the printers :-)

and, by the way, if we use proprietary hardware, and proprietary BIOS/UEFI, why not proprietary drivers...

jdd