Re: Coercing sane file permissions -- site specific

On 11/22/2016 9:16 AM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 09:09:01AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 11/21/2016 12:43 PM, Joe wrote:
While this does not actually constitute automounting, I suggest that it
differs by a single mouse click. And actually, I didn't deduce that
automounting was what the OP wanted,

It is explicitly what I do not want.
I said in
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/11/msg00838.html :
"...
This has me wondering if the objectionable reaction was *before*
OR *after* having run

      gsettings set org.mate.media-handling automount false"

OK, this is just way too confusing and convoluted for me.

Please note the subject line of ...debian-user/2016/11/msg00838.html began "MURPHY'S LAW RULES". It detailed observations. It noted that system had begun acting as desired. It obviously implied that I was about to do some testing to find out why. I did after all ASK if there was a logging tool that met stated criteria.

[snip]
Intermediary agents to mount file systems on behalf of an end user
generally fall into two categories:

  * Automounters.
See above.

  * Desktop environment specific tools.
I have stated that I use Mate D.E.

Yet, you seem to be rejecting both of these.
I never said so.