Re: Coercing sane file permissions -- site specific

On Mon 21 Nov 2016 at 18:18:27 +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 04:37:50PM +0000, Brian wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I cannot recollect or find any mention of the OP wanting to automount.
>
> Not explicitly, sure. The point is, it was implicitly expected, because
> for the OP, it's the "normal" thing. It Just Happens.

I have no idea what the OP's "normal" thing is when it comes to using
his computer. My expections (correct or not) are usually based on what
is said.

> This sort of thing is what I meant by "recalibrating our expectations":
> we are better able to help when we are better able to put ourselves
> in the questioner's position.

Someone deduced "He wants auto-mounting of the inserted media". The
evidence isn't there. Putting one's self in the a user's position is one
thing; putting words into his mouth is another.

> > But, if it was required, there isudevil in Debian; no need to search
> > far and wide for a solution.
>
> Hm? My package search (and apt-file) turn empty on this.

udevil.

--
Brian.