Re: Coercing sane file permissions -- site specific

On Tuesday 22 November 2016 15:38:04 Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 11/22/2016 9:16 AM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> >>
> >> It is explicitly what I do not want.
> >> I said in
> >> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/11/msg00838.html :
> >> "...
> >> This has me wondering if the objectionable reaction was *before*
> >> OR *after* having run
> >>
> >>       gsettings set org.mate.media-handling automount false"
> >
> > OK, this is just way too confusing and convoluted for me.
>
> Please note the subject line of
> ...debian-user/2016/11/msg00838.html began "MURPHY'S LAW RULES".
> It detailed observations. It noted that system had begun acting
> as desired. It obviously implied that I was about to do some
> testing to find out why. I did after all ASK if there was a
> logging tool that met stated criteria.
>
> > [snip]
> > Intermediary agents to mount file systems on behalf of an end user
> > generally fall into two categories:
> >
> >   * Automounters.
>
> See above.
>
> >   * Desktop environment specific tools.
>
> I have stated that I use Mate D.E.
>
> > Yet, you seem to be rejecting both of these.
>
> I never said so.

Richard - much of the problem is that your frame of reference is, by your
own - boasted?? ;-) - admission somewhat idiosyncratic.  You are somewhat
difficult to follow.

Moreover, in spite of your saying that you believe that your emails will help
other people, 1) they probably don't understand them and 2) even if they
understand them, the chance that they have exactly the same problem is
vanishingly small, given that you insist on circumscribing everything in ways
that most of us find eccentric at best and utterly bizarre at worst.

Lisi