Invoking ddrescue

On 11/12/2016 2:57 PM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
[*SNIP*]
Those steps are a rough sketch. Many details already flew back
and forth in this thread, so I didn't want to bloat the thing
too much. Feel free to ask where things are unclear.

I'm tangled up !! I plead for 5 or 6 lines to copy-n-paste.
On my left hand I have a defective hard disk - AKA /dev/sdc .
On my right hand I have a partitioned device waiting for data - AKA /dev/sdb6 .
Automount has been disabled explicitly.
I have been EXPLICITLY told that ddrescue is the appropriate tool.
Reading https://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/manual/ddrescue_manual.html and a half dozen "tutorials" convinces me of that. Clear explanations given in those documents why dd and other tools *NOT* suitable for my circumstances.

How do I prepare to invoke
   ddrescue /dev/sdc /mnt/repaired.img /mnt/repaired.log

Help. Please. Thank you.