[SOLVED ]Re: Issues with SSH pubkey authentication at remote server

Hi,

tomas@tuxteam.de:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 08:36:00AM +0000, Stephan Beck wrote:
>> Hi Lars,
>
>> Lars Noodén:

>> [...]
[...]
> Yes. It depends. If you're typically using X as your environment
> (perhaps via some desktop thing: in your case it seems to be LXDE),
> then the first go to is your desktop thing's session management.
>
> This way all consoles you start will inherit the "coordinates" of
> the agent (in the form of the shell variables SSH_AGEN_PID,
> SSH_AUTH_SOCK and perhaps others I forget). With no desktop environ
> (plain X), X session management (see /etc/X11/XSession.d for
> Debian; there is a 90x11-common_ssh-agent for that). Otherwise
> you have to cook up something in your ~/.profile which looks
> whether there's an agent around and set it up when no. In a nutshell
>

>   - using a DE: your DE's session management
>   - X without DE: X session management
>   - naked console: .login, .profile (or .bash_profile, .bash_login)

Thanks, Tomás. I'll think about what might be the best solution for me.
Configuring LXDE-Startup applications is maybe the best (and easiest)
solution, whereas adapting ~/.profile I'd be forced to train my console
skills, although that would mean that it only affects this specific user
account.

Cheers,

Stephan

I put SOLVED in the subject line, because the "real" issue, the pubkey
authentication at the remote server is working fine now.