Re: Issues with SSH pubkey authentication at remote server

Hi Lars,

Lars Noodén:
> On 09/26/2016 01:18 PM, Stephan Beck wrote:
>> Before establishing connection for the first time I did
>>
>> eval $(ssh-agent)
>> PID xxxx
>> ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa
>>
>> But it seems that the ssh-agent does not really authenticates to the
>> remote server and as a fallback password auth is selected. (I anonymized
>> the output below.) So, pubkey authentication is not working :-(
>
> Are you running the SSH client in the same shell as you have run eval?
> Also, the desktop environment is often set up so that it is launched
> under an agent already.  So how many agents do you have running?
>
> 	pgrep -lf ssh-agent

I made sure that only one ssh-agent was running (under this user
account) by using top package and killing one more that ran with the
same account's user rights. So, I guess you were right, that it might
not be necessary to fire it up with eval $(ssh-agent).
Thanks for the command, makes it more easy.

Cheers,

Stephan