Re: openssh-server's default config is dangerous

> You could potentially just use the policyrcd-script-zg2 package, and
> then your boolean setting would be:
>
>   echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nexit101;" > /etc/policy-rc.d.
>
> Or something similar. [Or if you really just want a boolean, you could
> potentially write your own package which plugged into policy-rc.d which
> just checked if /etc/no_daemons or something existed to determine
> whether it should exit 101 or not; you could possibly even figure out if
> you were running under dpkg, and just block starting/restarting daemons
> during package install/remove time.]

Yes, I could hand-code it myself.  But the question is why isn't such
a boolean pre-defined by default in Debian?

Am I really the only one who sometimes (like once a year or so, maybe)
takes a disk (aka µSD card) out of a machine, mounts it on another, and
then chroots into it to perform some administration tasks "offline" (tho
sometimes it's really more online: one of the cases where I did it was
because the main machine didn't have access to the Internet, so
I performed the updates by mounting the rootfs on another machine and
used aptitude there)?

        Stefan