Re: openssh-server's default config is dangerous

On Tue 12 Jul 2016 at 15:06:33 +0200, Nicolas George wrote:

> Le quintidi 25 messidor, an CCXXIV, Brian a écrit :
> > The behaviour is sensible and acceptable.
>
> Yes, as long as it can be changed.

Of course it can be changed. Jost change Policy.

> >					    Anyone who installs a daemon
> > wants to use it; why install it in the first place?
>
> Tu configure it before starting it?

It's already configured. Want another configuration? Alter and restart
the service.

> To have it at hand and be able to start it occasionally?

Stop the service etc.

> To use auxiliary programs that come in the same package?

Auxiliary programs probably need the daemon but an example would help.
That's two examples being awaited.

> To prepare a filesystem for another host in a chroot?
>
> You sure lack imagination.

Sometimes I imagine that posts like the first one in this thread lead
somewhere. The topic has been done to death in the past.