Re: Mailing-list configuration

On 6/13/2016 11:42 AM, John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:
> "Reply to List" needs to be enabled in the mailing list software.

Not precisely right - mailing list software only needs to add the
appropriate list headers defined by the relevant RFCs.

This list does (and so Reply-To-List works as it should).

> Thus those who want it need to take the issue up with the list
> masters.

For lists that do not add the headers, correct.

> In the meantime, it's a feature this list does not have.
> Pretending that it does won't work.

Eh? Been using it since I can remember on this list, works perfectly
fine for me.

> Some MUAs can be configured to it themselves on a case by case basis.

Based on the headers.

Apparently I misunderstood you above.

What you appear to be talking about is called 'Reply-To-Munging', and is
very much frowned upon by most technically inclined.

Reply-To-List is a MUA feature that simply requires the appropriate list
headers be present in the email.

> Perhaps Mr. George should consider using one of them.

Agreed...