Re: Mailing-list configuration (was: Big dummy at work again)

On 2016-06-13 Nicolas George wrote:

> Le quintidi 25 prairial, an CCXXIV, Lisi Reisz a écrit :
>> I expect you to conform to the CoC and not continue to reply to me personally.
>
> Nobody can be expected to remember the personal preferences of each
> mailing-list member, nor the subscription status of all contributors, and
> more importantly nobody can be expected to always remember to remember (the
> duplicate is intentional) the particular quirks of each mailing-list they
> contribute each time they reply to a mail.

Since you are using Mutt, all you need to do to be well behaved
(i.e. not send personal CCs) is to hit 'L' when you reply, then
you will only reply to the debian-user list. Debian mailing
list headers include a "List-Post" header that Mutt autodetects.

For other lists you can use the "lists" directive in .muttrc to
achieve the same effect.

  Morten