Mailing-list configuration (was: Big dummy at work again)

Le quintidi 25 prairial, an CCXXIV, Lisi Reisz a écrit :
> I expect you to conform to the CoC and not continue to reply to me personally.

Nobody can be expected to remember the personal preferences of each
mailing-list member, nor the subscription status of all contributors, and
more importantly nobody can be expected to always remember to remember (the
duplicate is intentional) the particular quirks of each mailing-list they
contribute each time they reply to a mail.

Therefore, I have adopted as a matter of both convenience and principle the
only sane attitude: always use, be it on mailing-lists or individual
discussions, the default "global reply" action and expect the mail headers
to state the policy in the standardized way.

The default action should always be the preferred action; anything else is a
configuration problem. I might add that it gives very satisfactory results
on most mailing-lists I contribute to.

Conforming to that attitude, I have documented my personal preferences in
the headers of the mails I send with the following Mutt rules:

send-hook . "unmy_hdr Reply-To:"
send-hook ~Cdebian-user@lists.debian.org my_hdr "Reply-To: debian-user@lists.debian.org"

I urge all persons contributing to any mailing-list to adopt a similar
strategy to express their preferences in the only standardized way.

This time only, as a particular courtesy, I have edited manually the list of
recipients to adhere to your personal preferences.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George