Re: Need Urgently solution or advice - start to give up on Debian

Ralph Sanchez wrote:

> His problem is that he gets a garbled or corrupted screen instead of any
> kind of startup unless he boots into some kind of safe mode or opens the
> grub command prompt, that's what I've surmised. I had that happen my first
> install, and it just happened to be bad luck and poor connection quality,
> along with being a total novice Linux user.

And he'll have the problem on each distro with this computer.

He needs to know how one can install proprietary NVidea or setup Xorg to use
the linux nuovo driver.

I think if a newbie gives up from the second time, it's better he gives up
forever.

The younger people (I assume he's younger) are not patient and have this
go - buy - throw away mentality. With this mentality one is better off with
Apple.

If he's patient, he would listen and find the solution - it is in fact very
simple. He could use also the framebuffer.

Just try
        apt-get install nvidia-driver
this is NVIDIA metapackage

regards