Re: Plug and Pray; My Life with Linux Sound

deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> writes:
. . . Much good information. Many thanks.

> use an oss wrapper - there is how to on the alsa wiki.

I certainly will look in to that as there are still many things
going on that shouldn't be but things are better at least on the
wheezy system.

For the first time since July 15 of last year, I now have the
cs4236 operating as Card 0 and a usb sound Card as Card 1. I
would be happy except for more weirdness.

	First, I removed the blacklist for soundcore as this is
not necessary. The conflict between oss and ALSA modules no
longer exists as what I had stumbled across is outdated
information.

	After a reboot, there is no Card 0 but the usb Card 1. If
I manually call modprobe as in modprobe snd-cs4236, the OS takes
it and suddenly, there's Card 0 and Card 1 in aplay -l as well as
arecord -l. Obviously, I shouldn't have to re-run the attempt to
setup Card 0.

	Thank you.

Martin McCormick