Re: Need Urgently solution or advice - start to give up on Debian

What kind of hardware is in the machine.

CPU make and Model:

Video Chipset:

Motherboard:

etc:

It could be that your video chipset REQUIRES non-free firmware to function properly.

You can pull a sources.list for Jessie from https://iccamnetworking.us/sources.list

and follow https://jxself.org/linux-libre/ if you want to use the linux-libre kernel

once you pull the sources.list and replace yours with it be sure to run

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && sudo apt-get install firmware-linux

If that doesn't work we can help you further.

On 5/17/2016 6:52 PM, Ralph Sanchez wrote:

> His problem is that he gets a garbled or corrupted screen instead of any kind of startup unless he boots into some kind of safe mode or opens the grub command prompt, that's what I've surmised. I had that happen my first install, and it just happened to be bad luck and poor connection quality, along with being a total novice Linux user.
>
> On May 17, 2016 6:18 PM, "YIM Programming Izhar Mashkif" <yimprogramming@gmail.com <mailto:yimprogramming@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello all.
>
>     I have a problem with installing Debian as described at that discussion. The problem is that my time is over I have a other computer that I must install there OS or I will stay without Computer.
>
>     I really wanted to use Debian because I was disappoint of Ubuntu but it's seem to me more complicated. So because the urgantly maybe I should use other Linux like Mint or Ubuntu.
>
>     This is the problem at the forum :
>
>     http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=128321&p=616003#p616003
>
>     I will glad to hear solution or advice.
>
>     best regards.