Re: Need Urgently solution or advice - start to give up on Debian

On 19/05/2016, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ralph Sanchez wrote:
>
>> His problem is that he gets a garbled or corrupted screen instead of any
>> kind of startup unless he boots into some kind of safe mode or opens the
>> grub command prompt, that's what I've surmised. I had that happen my
>> first
>> install, and it just happened to be bad luck and poor connection quality,
>> along with being a total novice Linux user.
>
> And he'll have the problem on each distro with this computer.
>
> He needs to know how one can install proprietary NVidea or setup Xorg to
> use
> the linux nuovo driver.
>
> I think if a newbie gives up from the second time, it's better he gives up
> forever.
>
> The younger people (I assume he's younger) are not patient and have this
> go - buy - throw away mentality. With this mentality one is better off with
> Apple.
>
> If he's patient, he would listen and find the solution - it is in fact very
> simple. He could use also the framebuffer.
>
> Just try
>         apt-get install nvidia-driver
> this is NVIDIA metapackage
>
> regards

I do not understand - the original poster does not clarify - what was
the problem with Ubuntu.

I make this point because, as some of you may recall, I have an Acer
V3-772G, with an NVidia GPU, for which, as I found, the only operating
system other than MS Windows, that had a driver, was Ubuntu Linux.

If the original poster does not like the interface, that can be
changed; I did not like the default Ubuntu Linux interface, so I
installed UbuntuMATE, with the MATE interface, to provide an interface
with which I was more comfortable.

Simply stating that a person is "disappointed" with a particular
operating system, is as helpful as complaining that the person has a
problem, without stating what it is.

The original poster needs to provide clarification - is the screen the
wrong colour, or the default font, too small, or the taskbar in the
wrong place, or the name "Ubuntu", to weird for the original poster,
that the original poster has as a reason for being "disappointed" with
Ubuntu?

--

Bret Busby
Armadale