Re: Installing newer kernels

On 2016-03-18, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> I agree. The dist upgrade was problematic and I finally had to wipe the root
>> partition for a clean install. Thankfully, from my Caldera days, I use /opt
>
> Hmm.. just to give a counter-point, almost all my current Debian
> installs are the result of a stream of upgrades+clones from the first
> install I performed, back in 2006.

I have never had a failed dist-upgrade. Of course, you gotta follow the
goddamn directions, do about five or ten minutes of reading of the
appropriate material, which isn't too much to ask I wouldn't think.

This wipe business strikes me as vaguely scatological.  Clean and
cruftless and wiped (and do they wash their hands fifty times a day
too, just to be impeccable)?

--
Hypertext--or should I say the ideology of hypertext?--is ultrademocratic and
so entirely in harmony with the demagogic appeals to cultural democracy that