Re: Installing newer kernels

On Fri 18 Mar 2016 at 20:06:32 (+0000), Brian wrote:
> On Fri 18 Mar 2016 at 14:44:31 -0500, David Wright wrote:
>
> > But I've had no difficulty booting Debian from CD on any of my machines.
> > Obviously USBs are unsuitable for the ancient ones, though I await
> > a response to
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/03/msg00677.html
> > with bated breath.
>
> Your proper route for eliciting a response would be in the referenced
> thread and not as an aside on an unrelated matter.

Felix Miata asked a question of you in that post.

Should I ask the same question and attach it to the same post as Felix did?
Or should I say "Me Too!" and attach it to Felix's post?
I can't see any role for me in that subthread besides those.

OTOH mentioning the thread here might cause William Lee Valentine,
or others, to take an interest if his Pentium III, like mine, won't
boot from USB without "ways around it". Is mentioning one thread
in another improper? It's not as if one can talk behind someone's
back in a public list.

Cheers,
David.