Re: updating debian 8 (jessie) stable to permanent testing - SOLVED?

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 07:11:40PM -0500, Francis Gerund wrote:
> Hi Lisi.
>
> Just got your posting.
>
> Yes I did find and read this (among other references).
>
> It says:
> "If you notice that some packages are not upgraded you should also try
> apt-get dist-upgrade, but beware that this command will also install
> or remove packages, so do check carefully all proposed actions before
> proceeding."

          ..........snip..........

> When (and why would you use full-upgrade, as opposed to dist-upgrade
> (and how does aptitude figure into that)?  I don't use aptitude, I'm
> used to apt-get.

Sorry, you must have taken a wrong turn. Hand holding is down the hall
on the left.

Which is to say that many of your questions can be answered with a
search without resorting to this list.

Bob Holtzman
A man is a man who will fight with a sword or
conquer Mt. Everest in snow. But the bravest of all
owns a '34 Ford and tries for six thousand in low.