Re: eagle-lin64-7.5.0.run, won't

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 12:13:14 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> But as I said in a PM, its moot, gEDA has come to the rescue.
>
> Now, if ALL the gEDA suite was brought up to date, the repo versions
> are positively ancient, I think it would have been easier. I was able
> to build the latest pcb, V-1.99z, but dependency hell ate any
> attempts to build the newer schematic capture front ends.  So I had
> to resort to a hand edit occasionally with a text editor.

What features of the latest and greatest do you need? I haven't used
anything in 20140316 that wasn't in 20110918, and I don't recall any
significant bugs then. This:

http://www.jre-systems.co.uk/pcbs/images/RCP-1.png
http://minibroadcastcameras.co.uk/oem/images/slideshow/Panel52-top.png

was created in late 2007, with whatever version was current at the time.
To be fair, I didn't use schematic capture then, I didn't have a
schematic for this board until after I made it, and to this day the
schematic is hand-drawn in pencil...

I have used schematic capture (gschem and gsch2pcb) for everything
since 2007, with no significant problems. I've used whatever version
was current in sid.

The autorouter has probably improved, but if you're doing anything with
power, you won't want to autoroute anyway. I pretty well only use
two-layer boards, and the last time I tried the autorouter, I could
barely see the tracks for vias. The earlier versions couldn't do a
photo-realistic rendering of the board, but that's only a bit of icing
on the cake, not a show-stopper.

--
Joe