Re: eagle-lin64-7.5.0.run, won't

On Saturday 16 January 2016 05:05:22 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> > > You could try and use the find command to see where it actually
> > > is. I use a locate variant e.g.
> >
> > Whats the matter with "ls -laR", its right there where I said it
> > was.   Even has exec perms.
>
> So its full path is /home/gene/eagle-7.5.0/bin/eagle, not /bin/eagle?
>
> Lisi

I was cd'd to /home/gene/eagle-7.5.0 and the command issued was
bin/eagle, which is perfectly legal syntax.

FWIW, I even tried the full path, same error.  And I could cd into bin
and eagle was visible in an ls listing, but wasn't found by an ./eagle

But eagle has always been selective about how it runs on linux.
I poked around on the cadsoft site but could not find a link to their
forum, so I couldn't ask them.  Which is crazy because I am getting an
email from the forum sw for every post.  But you can't post via email.

Just one of the many reasons I don't like forums.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)