Re: eagle-lin64-7.5.0.run, won't

On Saturday 16 January 2016 08:06:25 Brandon Vincent wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 3:49 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > I was cd'd to /home/gene/eagle-7.5.0 and the command issued was
> > bin/eagle, which is perfectly legal syntax.
>
> Gene,
>
> Could you post the output of ldd /home/gene/eagle-7.5.0 for us to see?
>
> Brandon Vincent

gene@coyote:~/eagle-7.5.0$ ldd /home/gene/eagle-7.5.0/
ldd: /home/gene/eagle-7.5.0/: not regular file
gene@coyote:~/eagle-7.5.0$ ldd /home/gene/eagle-7.5.0/bin
ldd: /home/gene/eagle-7.5.0/bin: not regular file
gene@coyote:~/eagle-7.5.0$ ldd /home/gene/eagle-7.5.0/bin/eagle
	not a dynamic executable

But as I said in a PM, its moot, gEDA has come to the rescue.

Now, if ALL the gEDA suite was brought up to date, the repo versions are
positively ancient, I think it would have been easier. I was able to
build the latest pcb, V-1.99z, but dependency hell ate any attempts to
build the newer schematic capture front ends.  So I had to resort to a
hand edit occasionally with a text editor.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)