eagle-lin64-7.5.0.run, won't

Greetings all;

Since the gEDA kit in the repo's seems to be rather broken, I thought I'd
give eagle another chance, so I downloaded, from the cadsoft site, the
latest 64 bit linux installer, but can't find a help file, and obviously
I am not training my monkeys correctly.

Has anyone else had any luck, running it after convincing the installer
where you wanted it installed?

I have cd'd to its base directory, and exported EAGLEDIR=`pwd' so it
shows in that shells env report, but it can't find its executable with
both hands, prefering to give me a
gene@coyote:~/eagle-7.5.0$ bin/eagle
bash: bin/eagle: No such file or directory

Clues? I'm confused enough without this.

Thanks folks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)