Re: eagle-lin64-7.5.0.run, won't

On Saturday 16 January 2016 17:42:25 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Saturday 16 January 2016 17:28:32 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > somebody forgot to tell my mostly wheezy system.
>
> [snip]
>
> > this system with many years of cruft accumulated.
>
> And it doesn't run like an entirely Wheezy system with no cruft.  Now
> there's a surprise!
>
> Lisi

1. No, it doesn't, thanks to some of that bash script cruft I've written
because I'm lazy, so its about 10x as automatic for all the stuff I do
as a default install would be.  For me, thats a huge labor saver.

2. The prime directive is that it IS capable of running LinuxCNC, and
that limits my kernel choices, particularly if running real machinery,
which must have 1 millisecond response times with the I/O card I am
using.  Without it, I'd be driving the steppers in software, at about
1/3rd their maximum speed, which requires less than 10 microseconds of
jitter in the timing.

So lets put that horse back in the barn with a nose bag of quality oats
for desert.  When the LCNC crew releases a new iso, probably sometime
after April, the other 3 machines will probably be re-installed from the
new iso, and once amanda is installed, I can recover all the data they
need in 15 minutes per machine  In the meantime, I am running what I
brung to this party on this machine.

FWIW I just reinstalled apt and all its kinfolks, no change, so I
installed adept, which didn't work, stuck in refresh forever, except it
wasn't, the file menu was still active, but several attempts to manage
the repos were ignored, and when I gave it up and click on quit, I got a
crash report so I filed it.

And apt-check, except for adept, throws that spam in the messages log
when any of the other package managers runs it. I doesn't appear to be
effecting things, and I haven't a clue where to look after coming up dry
except for the apt file in /etc/cron.daily.

Cheers Lisi, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)